Friday, September 16, 2011

[FREE] About Me

Hi- My name is Claire Aguilar and I'm an exchange student from Luxembourg, staying here in the United States for six months. My English is not so good because people in my country start very late to learn this language. So please excuse me, when I make a lot of mistakes :)

What about me?
I'm a fifteen-year-old girl and like I said my regular home is in Luxembourg where I live with my sister, Caroline, and my parents, Marc and Sabine. Caroline is 18 years old and will graduate next  summer. She will go to Munich to study Medicine. My father works as a manager in a bank and my mother teaches German at a private school in the capital.

In my free time I like to dance, ski, go running, meet friends, listen to music, go babysitting and to travel. As teenagers are allowed to work when they are fifteen years old, I worked in a Cafe on Saturdays.
I speak four languages: Luxembourgish, German, French and English, and at the moment I'm learning Spanish at Alameda High.

Because my interests are in Medicine and Mathematics, I would like to study one of these subjects at a University after high school.

Why did I decide to become an exchange student?
I like to collect new experiences from different countries and an exchange is a perfect way to practice a foreign language. My goal is to speak more fluently English and get new friends from California :)

Stay tuned for my next Blog posts :)

Claire




















2 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I'm so jealous of your ability to speak different languages. One of the many things Europe is better at than us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the language of Luxembourgish like? I've never heard it spoken before... :)

    ReplyDelete